Before you commit to having hair extensions, do your research. You're investing good cash and you will need to follow these tips when selecting the best stylist;
1. Most respected stylists will offer a free session to debate your suitability for the installation. Use this chance to ask any questions or concerns.
2. Ask to see samples and ask the place the hair is sourced. There are lots of completely different hair varieties, the most popular being Indian Remy (cuticle right). Hair that is not cuticle right will matt and tangle. If the worth appears too low-cost it normally means the hair is too!
3. Your stylist should present proof of their work - beware if they don't have 'earlier than and after photos'
4. Make sure the stylist is a professionally skilled hairdresser - the hair extensions could also be excellent, but reduce poorly will be disastrous.
5. Your stylist should clarify how to maintain your new locks and provide 4-6 weekly upkeep checks.
There are two major kinds of hair extension utility methods - Weft and Strand by Strand Here we clarify a few of the fashionable software methods which is able to enable you to determine which sort is best for you and your lifestyle.
STRAND BY STRAND:
Scorching Fusion: Small weight distributed strands of pre-bonded extensions are hooked up one by one to equal sized sections of your personal hair using a polymer, wax or keratin protein and heat. The bonds are melted to your natural hair with a warmth connector and rolled whilst still warm to form a small cylinder shape. Bonds are removed using a dissolvent and elimination tool. Appropriate for many hair varieties except weak brittle hair. Lasts three-5 months.
Ultrasonic Cold Fusion (CFT): Small weight distributed strands of pre-bonded extensions are connected one by one to equal sized sections utilizing keratin protein and ultrasound waves as an alternative of heat. The bonds are softened and sealed comfortably flat to your pure hair. Bonds are removed with an oil primarily based dissolvent and removing tool. Appropriate for all kinky human hair for locs
types. Lasts three-5 months.
Mono Fibre: Mono Fibre Extensions are utilized to your natural hair in tiny sections utilizing the C2 know-how, which produces light managed heat and makes a tiny invisible seal, holding the extensions in place on the roots. No bonding agents are used and clients might be easily eliminated safely at home. Suitable for all hair types. Lasts approximately three months.
Micro-Ring / Micro Links: Small weight distributed strands of pre-bonded stick-tip hair are hooked up strand by strand to equal sized sections of your hair - using a latch hook device your natural hair is pulled by a small metallic ring and pinched flat near the root. Elimination is simple using special pliers to release the ring. Suitable for most hair types besides brittle or very positive hair. Lasts 3-5 months
Shrink Tubes / Shrinkies: Small weight distributed segments of extension hair are hooked up one after the other to small sections of your individual hair utilizing small plastic tubes. Warmth is utilized to the bonds to shrink them tight to the hair close to the root. Shrinkies are removed by reheating the bond and an oil based mostly dissolvent to remove any extra polymer. Suitable for most hair varieties except brittle or very high quality hair. Lasts three-5 months
Micro Braids: A technique of hair extension utility very popular in afro hair types. Small segments of loose hair are finely braided into sections of your own hair using a tiny three strand braid. Because of the complexity of this procedure it may possibly take 10 hours to complete. Lasts roughly three months.